The diversity of experiences in the bush is clearly depicted in the last few posts, from gentle motherly love to uninhibited ferocity. This clan of hyenas was found feeding on an impala ram. As the meat was being depleted a large female took the carcass, ran off to pan and dunked it under water in an attempt to hide it, and have the spoils to herself. The only hyena bold to challenge the presumed matriarch was a young animal, possibly one of her own offspring. The large female responded by biting a small piece the challengers ear off.
Search our site
Experience an untouched world of perfect hushed silences and raw wildlife moments on safari at Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve, South Africa.
Tales from the bush
- Sabi Sands’ first trail run #TeamInyati September 21, 2019
- New Look For Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve August 2, 2019
- 7 Days To Go – Votes Close on 31st March for The 2019 Safari Awards March 25, 2019
- The Good Work Foundation September 25, 2018
- Inyati Game Lodge Earns 2018 TripAdvisor® Certificate Of Excellence May 24, 2018
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No Instagram images were found.